things you will need
- Blue, green, yellow and red play dough
- 2 x blue LEDs
- 1 x 4AA battery pack (and batteries)
- 1 x circle of card or foam
Make the head
- Roll the red play dough into a ball to form the caterpillar’s head.
- Use the green and yellow play dough to make the eyes.
Add the insulator
- Place the card circle to the back of the caterpillar’s head.
- Roll some of the green play dough into a ball, so that the ball is the same size as the head.
- Place the green play dough ball to the card circle.
Make the body
- Roll two blue play dough balls.
- Roll two green play dough balls.
- Place these play dough balls behind the green play dough ball to make the body.
Add the light
- Place the long leg of each LED into the caterpillar’s head – ouch!
- Place the short leg of each LED into the first dough ball of the body.
Power it up
- Make sure the battery pack is OFF.
- Insert the red battery wire into caterpillar’s head.
- Insert the black battery wire into the first dough ball of the body.
Turn the battery pack ON and watch your caterpillar’s eyes light up.