things you will need
- 5-6 x rainbow colours of play dough
- 5 x LEDs (red, yellow, green, blue, white)
- 1 x 4AA battery pack (and batteries)
- Cotton wool
Roll out the dough
Roll out each colour of dough into a long strip, decreasing the length of each strip.
Make the rainbow
- Connect each strip of dough to the next.
- Bend to form an arch and trim as required.
Add an insulator
- Place the cotton wool to the right hand side of the rainbow arch.
- Roll out some leftover dough and attached to the cotton wool.
Add the light
- Place the long leg of each LED into the matching colour dough strip.
- Place the short leg of each LED into the single piece of dough connected to the right-hand side of the cotton wool.
Power it up
- Make sure the battery pack is OFF.
- Insert the red battery wire into first rainbow strip (red).
- Insert the black battery wire into the dough attached to the right-hand side of the cotton wool.
Turn the battery pack ON and watch your rainbow light up.