things you will need
- Push-up bottle cap (from a drink or washing up bottle)
- Glue (preferably hot glue)
- Pens (to decorate your balloon)
Prepare the bottle cap
- If you are using hot glue, ask an adult to help you out with this step.
- Open the bottle cap and turn it upside down.
- Apply glue all the way around the rim of the bottle cap.
Glue the bottle cap to the CD
Place the bottle cap onto the middle of the CD.
Assemble your hovercraft
- Close the bottle cap.
- Inflate the balloon and pinch the base of the balloon leaving about 2cm.
- Stretch the 2cm tip of the balloon over the bottle cap.
Time to launch
- Place your spooky hovercraft on a flat, smooth surface (a polished table works great!). When you are ready, pull the cap open without removing the balloon.
- Whoosh! The hovercraft will float on a thin cushion of air.
- Can you make a few and race them with your friends?